Dating Skills, Social Development, Study/Career Guidance, and Driving Readiness: Discover Peers for Success Clubs
Embark on a multifaceted journey of self-discovery with Peers for Success Clubs, where our dynamic programs are designed to nurture meaningful relationships, enhance essential social skills, offer guidance in study and career paths, and driving readiness. Our evidence-based services provide valuable tools for personal growth, career development, and the challenges of driving. At Succeed Healthcare Solutions, you’ll find a dedicated team of occupational therapists and neurological physiotherapists, each with extensive experience in facilitating the PEERS programs and career guidance initiatives.
PEERS for Adolescents – Enhancing Social Skills and Confidence
Explore PEERS for Adolescents by UCLA, a dynamic 14-session program tailored for teenagers aged 13-17 years, focused on improving social skills and navigating the complexities of social interactions. This program engages participants in interactive activities and exercises that aid in developing effective communication skills, fostering meaningful friendships, and providing insights into managing social challenges. Additionally, it offers four optional sessions dedicated to dating etiquette and skills for those interested in exploring this aspect.
Key Skills Explored:
- Enhancing effective communication with peers and adults.
- Learning to understand and interpret nonverbal cues.
- Developing strategies for coping with social anxiety and stress.
- Optionally exploring dating etiquette and skills.
- Fostering self-esteem and building self-confidence.
PEERS for Young Adults – Enhancing Social and Professional Skills
Explore the PEERS for Young Adults program by UCLA, a comprehensive 16-session course designed for individuals aged 18-35+ who aim to enhance their abilities in both social and professional environments. Participants engage in various skill-building activities to improve communication proficiency and boost self-confidence, contributing to personal and career development. Additionally, the program includes sessions dedicated to developing dating skills for those interested in the dynamics of romantic relationships.
Key Skills Explored:
- Learning effective communication across diverse social settings.
- Navigating online platforms and social media interactions with ease.
- Building self-confidence to support both personal and professional ambitions.
- Developing key interview and networking skills for career advancement.
- Understanding and managing romantic relationship dynamics and dating scenarios.
PEERS for Dating – Exploring Positive Relationship Dynamics
Discover PEERS for Dating, a program consisting of 5 sessions, aimed at individuals aged 13-35+ who are interested in developing skills for healthy dating and positive relationship building. This program offers insights into consent, setting boundaries, expressing interest, and managing dating challenges in a resilient and respectful manner.
Key Skills Explored:
- Understanding healthy and positive dating behaviours.
- Navigating online dating.
- Learning to navigate the do’s and don’ts of dating.
- Developing strategies for handling rejection and coping with dating pressures.
Adapted from UCLA’s Peers for Young Adults curriculum whilst awaiting for UCLA to formally release their Peers for Dating program material.
‘Eternal Partners’ Playbook – Gottman Method
Our program for individuals seeking to enhance their long-term relationship skills is based on the renowned Gottman Method. This program offers valuable insights into building and maintaining healthy, lasting relationships. It focuses on essential aspects such as communication, conflict resolution, and emotional connection, aiming to provide individuals with the tools to nurture fulfilling and meaningful partnerships over time.
Key Skills Explored:
- Effective Communication: Learn techniques for open and empathetic communication within your relationship.
- Conflict Resolution: Acquire valuable conflict resolution strategies to promote understanding and cooperation.
- Emotional Connection: Explore the dynamics of emotional intimacy and trust in your relationship.
- Relationship Maintenance: Understand the significance of continuous investment in your partnership.
- Intimacy and Romance: Discover ways to nurture physical and emotional intimacy and create meaningful moments together.
- Individual Growth within a Partnership: Embrace personal development and self-awareness within your relationship, recognising how it contributes to a more enriched partnership.
Peers for Careers – Exploring Career Opportunities
Embark on a fulfilling career path with Peers for Careers, a program designed to aid teens and adults in discovering suitable educational paths and/or employment opportunities. This program focuses on job preparation skills training and collaborates with disability employment providers to open doors to both voluntary and paid work opportunities. Our expert team is dedicated to working alongside individuals, helping them to identify their strengths and preferences, and guiding them towards fulfilling educational and employment choices.
Key Skills Explored:
- Understanding individual strengths and job preferences.
- Enhancing study skills, including executive functioning abilities for high school or tertiary education.
- Developing job application and preparation competencies.
- Engaging with disability employment providers for collaborative opportunities.
- Facilitating pathways to voluntary or paid work opportunities.
This is an adaptation of the program whilst waiting for UCLA to release the official version.
‘RoadReady’ Skills Program: Exploring the Journey to Prepare for Driving
Discover the ‘RoadReady’ Skills Program, a distinctive and comprehensive off-road driving preparation course. This program is tailored to assist individuals in developing the essential skills and confidence to prepare for driving lessons. Under the guidance of experienced occupational therapists, ‘RoadReady’ is focused on laying a foundational groundwork to prepare participants for the various challenges and responsibilities associated with driving.
Key Features of the RoadReady Skills Program:
- Tailored Skill Development: Concentrating on enhancing fine and gross motor skills, cognitive processing, and sensory awareness.
- Cognitive and Sensory Training: Special emphasis on improving decision-making, problem-solving, and reaction times, as well as enhancing sensory processing.
- Stress Management Techniques: Techniques to help participants manage emotions and stress in various driving scenarios.
- Simulated Driving Experiences: Utilising advanced simulation technology, including Virtual Reality, Drive Focus App, and DriveSafe Drive Aware App to provide a baseline of performance and safe practice environment to guide therapy.
- Comprehensive Road Safety Education: Covering all theoretical aspects of road safety, including traffic laws and defensive driving techniques.
- Confidence-Building Approach: A supportive environment that aims to build confidence and independence.
- Enhanced Road Awareness: Participants explore the intricacies of road dynamics and driver responsibilities.
- Improved Focus and Concentration: Developing essential focus and concentration skills for safe driving.
- Customised Learning: A personalised approach to meet each participant’s unique learning needs.
- Supportive Environment: A commitment to a positive and nurturing experience for all participants.
- Those seeking foundational pre-driving skills.
- Individuals aiming to build confidence prior to formal driving lessons.
- Anyone interested in enhancing driving-related cognitive and motor skills.
Please be aware, this is not an Occupational Therapy Driving Assessment and Rehabilitation Program, but an off-road therapy program that uses the context of preparing for driving lessons to facilitate progress towards meaningful and functional therapy goals. For certified Occupational Therapy Driving Assessment and Rehabilitation please go to Find an OT on OT Australia website.
SuccessMakers – Exploring Career Pathways
Explore SuccessMakers, a program in line with The Australian Curriculum, designed for students and young adults to gain insights into the professional world through the collaborative planning and operation of a small business. This program encourages the development of collaboration, teamwork, and digital literacy, along with nurturing critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Additionally, it includes elements that support preparation for disability employment services.
Key Skills Explored:
- Fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Enhancing digital and financial literacy.
- Encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Introducing concepts for preparing for disability employment services.
NDIS Functional Domains Addressed
PEERS for Success Clubs addresses the six NDIS functional domains through tailored programs that promote personal growth and development:
- Mobility: PEERS Clubs primarily focus on social and dating skills, which can play a role in encouraging greater social participation and engagement in various activities.
- Communication: PEERS for Adolescents and PEERS for Young Adults offer opportunities to enhance communication with peers and adults. PEERS for Dating includes exploring healthy dating behaviours.
- Social Interaction: All PEERS Clubs are designed to support the nurturing of meaningful relationships and the development of social skills, aiding individuals in navigating social interactions.
- Self-Management: PEERS Clubs offer support in managing social anxiety and stress, which can contribute to the development of self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Learning: PEERS for Success Clubs may provide tools that can be useful for career development, such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and digital literacy.
- Self-Care: The development of social skills and self-confidence through PEERS Clubs can play a role in the way individuals manage their self-care tasks.
- Economic Participation: PEERS for Success Clubs offer activities and learning opportunities that may assist in developing job readiness, driving preparation, and workplace skills.
With a foundation in evidence-based programs, complemented by interactive activities and role-play demonstrations, PEERS for Success Clubs provide a comprehensive approach designed to support individuals in various aspects of life. These programs are structured to foster skill development across six functional domains, offering opportunities for participants to engage in social activities and build relationships.
Join Us Today and Explore Your Opportunities!
Embark on a journey towards personal growth and empowerment with us. Our programs are crafted to offer a supportive and inclusive environment for your journey. Whether you’re looking to navigate social challenges, explore dating, or prepare for career opportunities, our evidence-based programs are structured to support skill development and personal enrichment. Our dedicated team is committed to fostering a positive and inclusive experience for all participants. We’re excited to welcome you to our PEERS for Success Clubs community. Download the Peers for Success flyer here.
For online resources on dating such as working out when a teen is ready to start dating, see the kids helpline article on Dating.
For evidence-based social skills programs for primary aged kids, see Secret Agent Society.