What are popular software options used for telehealth in Australia?
In Australia, several telehealth software options are available to healthcare providers. The choice of the best software depends on various factors, including your specific needs, compliance with Australian regulations, security requirements, and integration capabilities. Here are some popular telehealth software options in Australia:
- Coviu: Coviu is an Australian telehealth platform designed specifically for healthcare professionals. It offers secure video consultations with features like waiting rooms, document sharing, and real-time annotations. Coviu complies with Australian privacy and security regulations and provides integration options with existing practice management systems.
- Healthdirect Video Call: Healthdirect Video Call is a telehealth solution developed by the Australian government. It allows healthcare providers to conduct secure video consultations with patients. The platform is designed to be user-friendly and supports interoperability with different systems.
- HotHealth: HotHealth is a telehealth platform that enables video consultations, appointment scheduling, secure messaging, and payment processing. It is compliant with Australian privacy regulations and offers integration options with popular practice management software.
- Docto: Docto is an Australian telehealth platform that connects patients with healthcare providers through video consultations. It is designed to be user-friendly and provides features like secure messaging, ePrescriptions, and referral management.
- SmartConsult: SmartConsult is a telehealth platform that enables video consultations, image sharing, and secure messaging. It is designed for use in rural and remote areas of Australia and offers integration options with existing systems.
- Best Practice: Best Practice is a widely used practice management software in Australia that includes telehealth functionality. It offers features such as video consultations, appointment scheduling, and secure messaging. Best Practice also integrates with other clinical systems and complies with Australian privacy regulations.
When choosing telehealth software in Australia, it’s important to ensure compliance with Australian privacy regulations, such as the My Health Records Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Additionally, consider factors such as ease of use, security measures, integration capabilities with existing systems, and any specific requirements of your telehealth practice. Consulting with your IT department or healthcare technology experts can provide further guidance based on your specific needs and compliance considerations.
Leanne Hopkins is an Occupational Therapist at Succeed Healthcare Solutions and is passionate about creating a world where families thrive. If you or someone you know is interested in undertaking therapy via telehealth with a team trained and experienced in telehealth for several years, please contact us and arrange a free 15-minute Discovery Interview to see how we can assist.